Guest blogger today...Ellie the Poodle


So today I'm turning over the blog to Ellie to let her say a few words about the trip.  So here she is.

Hi,

I'm Ellie the Poodle.  You know...the cute one.



Today I went on a car ride AND a hike with my humans.  Another human, Ari, that occasionally lives with us came along.  And of course my two blonde minions were around.  They always follow me everywhere I go.


The hike was through all these red rocks.  I know...I'm color blind.  So how did I know they were red?  Because the sign said Red Rocks!


My minions took off ahead of me.  At first I wanted to chase after them.  Then I realized I would have more fun by myself.  So I started to take off and run and climb and chase salamander.  But my human is slow so I ended up taking it easy.


There were so many rocks to climb on and jump off.  We eventually made it to the top where I found my minions and other humans waiting.  It was a pretty view.




After posing for some pictures (remember I'm the cute one) and having a sip of water (thanks trusty human sherpa) we headed back down.









It was more fun going down.  One minute I'd be behind my human and the next minute in front...or to the side...or to the other side...or under his feet.






Jumping was my favorite part.  I would let my human get ahead of me and go down steep rocks.  I would then look down at him and just when he thought I didn't want to come down I would jump on the rocks like a mountain goat.  Next thing you know I was six feet below him.  I think he liked being suddenly thrown off balance and almost falling!


We finally got back to the car where I had a nice bowl of water and a car ride back.  Time for a nap now.


Comments

  1. Thanks for the update Ellie! Sometimes those humans are so slow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To unhitch or not unhitch...that is the question...

Extended boondocking

That’s a fancy luggage rack you got there!