Whales and shiny things

Kings Point

Now that Nancy's gone it's just me and the dogs. As a result the divide and conquer routine we had is now just conquer. I haven't lost a dog yet so I guess it's working. 


At the next campground a couple cool things happened.  I unexpectedly found a an EV charger that wasn't listed on Plugshare.  This meant I could charge the car faster than the campground plug I was planning on using and plug in the trailer at the same time.


The second was that the campground was right on a bay.  And a couple of whales decided to visit. They were close enough that you could hear them.


The final thing though was the most unexpected. As I'm setting up at the campground a gentleman who I've never met comes up to me and welcomes me back. I'm confused since I've never been to this campground, which I explain to him. He then tells me that a trailer just like mine was here a week ago.

At this point I assume he is confusing the Bowlus with an Airstream.  A common occurrence in our travels.  I start giving him the usual Bowlus history. But he is positive it was a Bowlus and describes the trailer in detail, including the aerodynamic tail and the name painted on the fender. After chatting a little while he's convinced me he did see a Bowlus.

The odds of two Bowluses (?Bowli?) traveling through Newfoundland at the same have to be pretty slim. In the year and a half we've had the Bowlus we've traveled over 10,000+ miles with it and we've yet to see another Bowlus on the road. Which is to be expected given that our best guess is that there might be less than a hundred.

Anyway not five minutes after finishing with that conversation an Airstream pulls in. The driver pulls up to me and rolls down his window. He asks jokingly if I'm following him. I ask him why he thinks that. He tells me that the campground they just left had a Bowlus in it and he assumed it was me. I told him it wasn't and that there is apparently another Bowlus headed East (I'm heading West).

After chatting about Bowluses for a few minutes I walk down the road to grab some dinner. Afterwards as I'm walking out of the restaurant I turn the corner and in the parking lot is sitting a Bowlus Road Chief!! It was the Bowlus that had been traveling east, but had changed plans and was not heading west. 

What are the odds that two of these are in Newfoundland at the same time and at the same place at the same time. And they were headed to the campsite three down from where I was parked. And to just add one more twist...both are name on dog themes.  Tin Poodle and Good Girl.

I should have played the lottery that day....


Tin Poodle and Good Girl


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To unhitch or not unhitch...that is the question...

Extended boondocking

That’s a fancy luggage rack you got there!